Author and Year:
Viva Namida (by Yasuyuki Okamura)
Link to the story: http://gamewizard-2008.deviantart.com/gallery/46209016/Final-Preparations
Rachel and Violet are framed when Lehcar and Scarlet cause destruction in West Virginia, getting the two girls in trouble. At the same time, Danika, Nolan, Madame Rouge, and the bounty hunters, Bane and Aurra, try to capture the ones on Nolan's revenge list, and Kami. Kweeb is captured by the Toxic Four and Yllaw, and given to Lehcar and Scarlet as a present, and when the two girls treat the little alien like a pet, Kweeb starts to think that size really does matter, and his small stature will get him nowhere, to which Ava was disgusted by.
Meanwhile, the KND are trying to find information on Lord Gnaa, and figure out about the Brotherhood Base and try to sneak in. At the same time, Cosmo, Nova, and Zuri were kidnapped by several Brotherhood villains and taken to Brotherhood HQ, in which Emily and Annie had to befriend Gary the Stormtrooper, who took them there. He ended up betraying them, and Brain executed Emily by zapping her with Ghost Portal entry lasers, giving her ghostlike abilities, but she's still alive and able to switch from human to ghost at will.
Eventually, everyone makes it to Brotherhood Base and fight off the villains, with Kweeb regaining his pride and fighting Lehcar, Scarlet, and the Toxic Four. Eventually, Brain decided to blow up the base, causing everyone to evacuate, and for Ganon, Lehcar, and Scarlet to board a rocket to Moonbase, which they quickly destroyed. When the heroes reached the crumbling Moonbase, Nigel and Eva faced Ganon while Rachel and Violet faced Lehcar and Scarlet. The heroes eventually won and started rebuilding the Moonbase.
- Harvey is hit by the Darkness Cannon, allowing Gnaa to easily possess him in the future.
- Angie Granite learns her earthbending.
- Emily Matthews gains her ghost powers.
- It's learned that Negatives have the same lifespan as their Positives, and one cannot survive without the other, which is why Ganondorf agreed to give birth to Lehcar, so Rachel may live.
- This experience tempts Luvbi to start the Junior Prospectors, which ultimately lead to Shaunie rescuing everyone.
- Ava's reasons for going out with Kweeb are foreshadowed.
- Ganondorf notes the existence of Nigel's cousin, Morgan, leading them to seek her out.
Final Preparations received very positive reviews, and many believed it to be the perfect prelude to Legend of the Eight Firstborn, as it got them really hyped up for the story. The action scenes were the best part of this prequel, but the main complaint was some characters didn't get enough screentime, and the mini romance moments between some of the poisonbenders and there would-be crushes were too random.
Differences Between Old and New VersionsEdit
- In the scene where Kweeb and Scarlet sing, Scarlet has Kweeb rub her feet instead of keeping him in a cage in the new version.
- Just like in DEATH-EGG, Angie's shoes are removed to fit her earthbending personality.
- The K. Rool Brothers are not with the other villains at the Brotherhood Base, and are only around for the beginning and ending parts of the story.
- Jessica is removed from the story; she is revealed to be Gary's daughter in Firstborn now.
- When Ava gets mad at Kweeb for giving up on his pride, she has an internal thought that foreshadows the conflict between Glomourians and Kateenians.
- Leopold calls Katie "scary lady" instead of "pretty lady".
- Kami and Jeremiah do not have a romantic moment, nor do they get to know each other.
- During the battle inside the base, a flashback scene is added, showing Kweeb's first time in GKND, and how he tried to get stronger.
- Nigel's backstory about his younger sister was completely scrapped, and he no longer has any personal grudge against Ganondorf.
Game Over ScenesEdit
"Enjoy the freezer, Dearie." - Brain; Kami death.
"Seems my operative was too much for you." - Brain 2; death during city battle.
"This is the first demonstration of evil..." - Brain 3; death in base.
"So... you are not the one." - Ganondorf 1; Rachel death.
"Isn't she brilliant?" *grins* - Ganondorf 2; death by Lehcar.
"And so... the Unos' pride has fallen." - Ganondorf 3; Nigel death.
"Send my greetings to your great-grandfather." - Ganondorf 4; Ganondorf battle.
"Your blood will be my trophy..." - Ganondorf 5; battle 2.
"I've raised her well, it seems. She is a perfect breed of darkness." - Ganondorf 6; during Lehcar battle.
- Rachel T. McKenzie
- Violet McCleary
- Harvey McKenzie
- Sonya Dickson
- Lee Harper
- Paddy Fulbright
- Charlotte MayHence
- Angelie Granite
- Nolan York
- Danika Anderson
- April Dickson
- Chad Dickson
- Lehcar EiznekCm
- Scarlet Vargas
- The Terrible Toxic Four
- Eeballaw Seltaeb
- Cad Bane
- Aurra Sing
- Darth Genious
- Madame Rouge
- Monsieur Mallah
- General Immortus
- Ganondorf Dragmire
- Lizzie Devine
- Herbie MayHence
- Emily Matthews
- Annie Wilconson
- Cosmo Dunfree
- Nova of Harnita
- Kami Drilovsky
- Nigel Uno
- Hoagie P. Gilligan Jr.
- Kuki Sanban
- Wallabee Beatles
- Abigail Lincoln
- Fanny Fulbright
- Patton Drilovsky
- Eva Roberts
- Marine the Raccoon
- Gary the Stormtrooper
- Grim Reaper
- Negatar Gnaa
- Phantom Gnaa
- King K. Rool and K. Rool Brothers (cameo)
- Bowser Koopa
- Rumpel Stiltskin